Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion gbt-1a00
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The screen on my pavilion gbt-1a00 comes on then fade to grey.  I think the inverter is gone.  Have replaced on other labtops.  Where can I get one for this computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank for your reply.  I did further research and have ordered a new display for the computer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @wilderness – Greetings!

Thanks for your continued participation in the HP Forums!

I see that the display on your HP PC is gone bad. Are you getting the same result while accessing the BIOS?

• Power on the PC and immediately start tapping on “Esc” key to get the startup menu.
  • Now, navigate to the BIOS screen and check if the BIOS screen also gives you the same error.

If yes, then this is a hardware issue with the PC display and needs servicing. then please contact the HP phone support for the PC service options.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you your reply.  Did a lot of research and have ordered a new display for the computer.

HP Recommended

Thank for your reply.  I did further research and have ordered a new display for the computer

HP Recommended

Hello, @wilderness

Thanks for the update!

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.