Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bq000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i asked this problem before and it was solved than after the previous windows update problem started again i have tried uninstalling and updating graphic driver restarting laptop rotating screen using tent mode tablet mode and from display setting rotating screen from horizontal to portrait and edited registory too but cant solve the problem 

please help me out 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kaneki1

Welcome to HP support community.

Tablet mode may get disabled because of an update due to numerous reasons.

• The Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver which is a key driver to keep it enabled and to disable the keyboard may get disabled.
  • The switch from tablet mode to desktop mode may not work correctly after the update sometimes.
  • Also, It would be impossible to pinpoint which update causes this action as it could be a bunch of cumulative updates or one specific update that causes this.
  • Besides these updates which cause this to happen can vary as well.
  • Sometimes it could be that the issue is hardware related, with the sensors not working correctly and the Windows updates could be coincidental.

For now, please try these steps:

Go to control panel

2. Go to Display

3. Go to Adjust Resolution

4. Be sure "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is CHECKED.

If this does not work then try this link:  HP Notebook PCs - Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode (Windows 10)

Also, uninstall the keyboard in device manager and restart the computer.

Solution 1:

The keyboard in Windows 10 has an automatic detector to disable the keyboard and the trackpad as soon as it becomes a 'tablet'. To access it go to the following menu items:
Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto-Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)
You can use these settings to disable the keyboard in tablet mode.

Solution 2

The computer's display does not automatically rotate when shifted.

Please refer to the following steps to enable the rotation feature on the computer:

1.          Fold the computer into tablet mode.

2.          Swipe in from the right side to open the Action Center.

3.           Tap Rotation lock to enable this feature.

Solution 3:

• If it does not please perform a complete system recovery again to factory settings.
  • Then install the latest version of HP support assistant.
  • Please perform all Windows update again.
  • Then update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Please run the Intel driver utility and update it from the Intel website.
  • Also, ensure that you have the latest bios update by running HP support assistant.
  • This should do the trick for you if there is no hardware issue with the computer.

Solution 4: 

Go to Device Manager > System devices > Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and ensure that the driver is enabled.

Solution 5:

Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

Note: The lock rotation button in display settings will still be disabled

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kaneki1

Welcome to HP support community.

Tablet mode may get disabled because of an update due to numerous reasons.

• The Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver which is a key driver to keep it enabled and to disable the keyboard may get disabled.
  • The switch from tablet mode to desktop mode may not work correctly after the update sometimes.
  • Also, It would be impossible to pinpoint which update causes this action as it could be a bunch of cumulative updates or one specific update that causes this.
  • Besides these updates which cause this to happen can vary as well.
  • Sometimes it could be that the issue is hardware related, with the sensors not working correctly and the Windows updates could be coincidental.

For now, please try these steps:

Go to control panel

2. Go to Display

3. Go to Adjust Resolution

4. Be sure "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is CHECKED.

If this does not work then try this link:  HP Notebook PCs - Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode (Windows 10)

Also, uninstall the keyboard in device manager and restart the computer.

Solution 1:

The keyboard in Windows 10 has an automatic detector to disable the keyboard and the trackpad as soon as it becomes a 'tablet'. To access it go to the following menu items:
Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto-Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)
You can use these settings to disable the keyboard in tablet mode.

Solution 2

The computer's display does not automatically rotate when shifted.

Please refer to the following steps to enable the rotation feature on the computer:

1.          Fold the computer into tablet mode.

2.          Swipe in from the right side to open the Action Center.

3.           Tap Rotation lock to enable this feature.

Solution 3:

• If it does not please perform a complete system recovery again to factory settings.
  • Then install the latest version of HP support assistant.
  • Please perform all Windows update again.
  • Then update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Please run the Intel driver utility and update it from the Intel website.
  • Also, ensure that you have the latest bios update by running HP support assistant.
  • This should do the trick for you if there is no hardware issue with the computer.

Solution 4: 

Go to Device Manager > System devices > Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and ensure that the driver is enabled.

Solution 5:

Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

Note: The lock rotation button in display settings will still be disabled

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.