Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

please, the machine restarted when i had a BSOD whith code memory management, after fixing it, my HP logo split into 2 one above and one below, but came back to normal, it did this for about a week and this time, it didn't come back to normal again

so i booted to login screen and i saw it was 4 with 2 vertical full screens on the right and 2 verical half screens on the left

so i re-installed the windows but to no avail .

i also updated my drivers buht

i connected it to a external monitor it looks perfect

OS Name      Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version     10.0.10240 Build 10240

Other OS Description     Not Available

OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation

System Name     DESKTOP-ACO8E6T

System Manufacturer     Hewlett-Packard

System Model     HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

System Type     x64-based PC System SKU C2Y45AAR#ABA

Processor      Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS      Version/Date Insyde F.26, 4/3/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller     Version 52.24

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer      Hewlett-Packard

BaseBoard Model     Not Available

BaseBoard Name     Base Board

Platform Role      Mobile

Secure Boot State     On

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory     C:\Windows

System Directory     C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device     \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale     United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer     Version = "10.0.10240.16392"

User Name     DESKTOP-ACO8E6T\LIVINGSTONE

Time Zone      Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)     8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory     7.89 GB

Available Physical Memory     5.57 GB

Total Virtual Memory     9.77 GB

Available Virtual Memory     7.42 GB

Page File Space     1.88 GB

Page File     C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions     Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection     Yes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @OPTIMISTICSTONE

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post on how your screen split into 4 with your HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook. I am happy to help! 

What is the product/model number of your HP Pavilion dv6? How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? As there are multiple versions, example: HP Pavilion dv6500. 

For now, perhaps the steps in this guide will help. Resolving Problems When Toggling Between Display Modes Using FN+F4.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this guide resolves your issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @OPTIMISTICSTONE

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post on how your screen split into 4 with your HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook. I am happy to help! 

What is the product/model number of your HP Pavilion dv6? How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? As there are multiple versions, example: HP Pavilion dv6500. 

For now, perhaps the steps in this guide will help. Resolving Problems When Toggling Between Display Modes Using FN+F4.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this guide resolves your issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

@RnRMusicMan, i hav all my drivers up to date but the problem is still there, could it be a hardware problem?screen split

HP Recommended

Hi OPTIMISTICSTONE, 

Thank you for your response! 

It definitely could be a hardware problem. I would recommend to please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Have you ever tried snipping tool?
Snipping tool is a idea to split screen of your windows. I think it can help you.

Source: https://windowsclassroom.com/how-to-split-screen-on-windows-10/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.