cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
WillC2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

second monitor display issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-cs000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a docking station. First monitor is connected with a VGA and the second is connected with a display port. Second monitor scans and reads display port no signal. I tried my wife's laptop, which is an HP Elite book and both monitors work through the docking station, which is a J5 create. Because my wife's laptop worked, I am assuming there is no issue with either the monitors, the connections or the new docking station

I tried to update the drivers, but it says that I have the most up to date versions. Any advise as to what I should do? 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,618 71,348 12,392 22,370
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WillC2 

What is the model/product of your docking station ? How do you connect them ?  Do you use USB-C port on your machine ? Please note: all USB-C ports are NOT the same.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
WillC2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It’s a J5create model # JCD543 docking port. 
the monitor that is working is connected via a VGA cable, and the other is connected via DP

the issue is that when i connect my wife’s HP laptop to the docking port, the monitor works fine. But mine does not. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation