Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Second monitor (TV) not displaying when connected to HP9470m. I have displayport/HDMI  adaptor to connect via HDMI cable to TV. The display setting shows 1/2 but when clicking on identify for both 1 and 2, it always shows 1 only. Hardware e.g. cable etc tested to be working with other machines. Please help advise. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you are using a UHD 4K model, your HDTV graphics can display up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz.

That is likely to be the cause of the issue you are experiencing. 

You will need to manually set the HD TV to a custom resolution in order to use it with the Folio.

Since the Folio's graphics can only  display up to 3840x2160 at 24Hz, those are the settings you must change in your HDTV's settings menu to make it useable with the Folio.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.