Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

my son stepped on my laptop, and now when i turn it on and the screen is loading there are a couple of thick red lines on the screen at the top, and where as my laptop would load fast its kinda going a little slower than normal. the lines only show when loading but are not affecting the laptop when if finally comes on and i can see my background. is there a way to fix this, i just go this laptop last year. any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @madqueen22 

@madqueen22 wrote:

The screen isn’t broken at all, my son is autistic and he was trying to reach something in my closet when he stepped on it. The lines aren’t long  about an inch or Two long and a inch or 2 thick, it’s just really annoying to look at, it only shows up on the screen when its black, or loading and other than that I can’t see it, and it doesn’t show up when I go into BIOS either. I just wanted to know if there was a way to remove it. Cause for the most part my laptop works fine except for that long load when I cut it on after he stepped on it.

>I just wanted to know if there was a way to remove it

Could be physical damage of screen matrix, so it's not fixable

Let's focus on the second problem:

>and where as my laptop would load fast its kinda going a little slower than normal

If you tell me product number (p/n), I can help you to solve the problem.

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

( Please note: It's not allowed to post serial numbers (s/n) in public ! )

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @madqueen22 

Broken Screen is not Covered Under Warranty

Please read what Expert User Huffer wrote:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-Screen-Covered-Under-Wa...

Quote: "

No. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. The screen is not covered due to breakage resulting from an external physical force. At least you are honest and describe how it happened. Most people just say "it broke, I have no idea how". We can help you locate a replacement screen and provide replacement instructions. It is likely not as expensive or difficult as you fear.

"

(1) If the redlines are almost invisible on the Windows desktop, then I would leave it that way.

(2) You wrote:

>and where as my laptop would load fast its kinda going a little slower than normal

If you tell me product number (p/n), I can help you to solve the problem.

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

( Please note: It's not allowed to post serial numbers (s/n) in public ! )

HP Recommended

The screen isn’t broken at all, my son is autistic and he was trying to reach something in my closet when he stepped on it. The lines aren’t long  about an inch or Two long and a inch or 2 thick, it’s just really annoying to look at, it only shows up on the screen when its black, or loading and other than that I can’t see it, and it doesn’t show up when I go into BIOS either. I just wanted to know if there was a way to remove it. Cause for the most part my laptop works fine except for that long load when I cut it on after he stepped on it.

HP Recommended

Hello @madqueen22 

@madqueen22 wrote:

>I just wanted to know if there was a way to remove it

Could be physical damage of screen matrix, so it's not fixable

Let's focus on the second problem:

If you tell me product number (p/n), I can help you to solve the problem.

( Please note: It's not allowed to post serial numbers (s/n) in public ! )

HP Recommended

8WQ39AV product number

HP Recommended

Hello @madqueen22 

Now we will optimize step by step. There will be several parts.

This is part A

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.62 Rev.A33.9 MBMay 27, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Use CCleaner to clean your system (temporary files)

- Download from: https://www.ccleaner.com/

- Install

- Run

- Clean

(3) Reboot and test again ...

Please report your results

HP Recommended

just seen the steps to follow, ive already downloaded the update for the bios firmware, but the cc cleaner is something that i have to pay for, i just feel like if your going to offer suggestions or solutions then it shouldnt be something that i have to pay additional for to keep my laptop running at optimal speed 

HP Recommended

@madqueen22 wrote:

just seen the steps to follow, ive already downloaded the update for the bios firmware, but the cc cleaner is something that i have to pay for, i just feel like if your going to offer suggestions or solutions then it shouldnt be something that i have to pay additional for to keep my laptop running at optimal speed 

Hello @madqueen22 

(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04499777

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(2) --->>> Please report your results

HP Recommended

I completed the first step its still lagging some what is the next one

HP Recommended

@madqueen22 wrote:

I completed the first step its still lagging some what is the next one

Hello @madqueen22 

These are tests. The results are important for me.

Please take pictures of all tests results...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.