Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cc129tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to know in detail about the following display specification of my device :

39.62 cm(15.6) diagonal FHD SVA anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) "..... is this equal to the IPS display. I'm a photo editor and would like to know if this could generate accurate colours for exporting, albums, designs and prints

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Yashsnow,

I can't find any specifications or manuals which describe if this display is actually TN or IPS. 

If you're looking into photo editing, a few specifications are quite important. Probably the most important is the colour coverage of the display. You want the most accurate colours and you want colours that appear on your laptop to be the exact same as those that are printed out.

Other important specifications might be brightness, measured in nits, viewing angle, indicated by SVA (standard viewing angle) or UWVA (ultra-wide viewing angle), and resolution.

The problem is, the display specifications mentioned in the Maintenance and Service Guide offer no details on colour coverage and colour space used (sRGB, NTSC, AdobeRGB). Furthermore, 1080p and 220 nits of brightness may be subpar for photo editing, depending on your exact usage.

Unless you're looking into more casual photo editing for a hobby or something, I'm afraid the display on this device isn't exactly sufficient for professional photo editing.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Yashsnow,

I can't find any specifications or manuals which describe if this display is actually TN or IPS. 

If you're looking into photo editing, a few specifications are quite important. Probably the most important is the colour coverage of the display. You want the most accurate colours and you want colours that appear on your laptop to be the exact same as those that are printed out.

Other important specifications might be brightness, measured in nits, viewing angle, indicated by SVA (standard viewing angle) or UWVA (ultra-wide viewing angle), and resolution.

The problem is, the display specifications mentioned in the Maintenance and Service Guide offer no details on colour coverage and colour space used (sRGB, NTSC, AdobeRGB). Furthermore, 1080p and 220 nits of brightness may be subpar for photo editing, depending on your exact usage.

Unless you're looking into more casual photo editing for a hobby or something, I'm afraid the display on this device isn't exactly sufficient for professional photo editing.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.