06-28-2020 10:34 AM
My touchscreen keyboard continues to appear despite disabling it. This is a pan in the A** and HP support is rated a FFFF by myself. Can anyone please help with this. The last tech support stated I need to reinstall the OS but I need a flash drive, bla, bla, bla. Thank you in advance. Chris
07-02-2020 05:18 AM
@CMartinh, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Are you using a Win 10 computer?
What model HP Envy computer are you using?
For now, let us try these steps:
Disable the Touch Keyboard in Ease of Access
- Open the Start menu and type “ease of access”. Press Enter when the Ease of Access Center option appears.
- Click “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard.”
- Uncheck the “Use On-Screen Keyboard” checkbox. If it’s already unchecked, check it, click Apply, then uncheck it–just for good measure. Click OK to save your changes and exit this screen.
If the issue persists,
- Open the Start menu and type “services”. Press Enter.
- Scroll down to “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service”. Double-click on it.
- Locate the Startup Type dropdown, and change it to “Disabled”.
- Restart the computer and check for the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
07-02-2020 05:25 AM
Thank you for your assistance. The computer has been acting fine since prior steps being taken from another suggestion. Knock on wood. Don't understand all these issues with this new computer. I have since come across another issue and will be posting for help.
07-03-2020 03:09 PM
The touch screen appeared once again on me! The step you described are not listed on my computer. When I open the start there is nowhere to type anything so I went into settings and found ease of access but nowhere is listed use computer without a mouse or keyboard. I am on win 10 and my computer is envy x360 brand new and is supposed to be one of the better computers by hp (not too sure on that now).
I also have another issued and my thumbnails do not show their picture. All the settings are set so as not to just show the thumbnails but nothing. What is strange is when I download a video the thumbnails do show a picture but when I move it into the folder marked videos the picture disappears. As never had any of these issues before with my other envy as I am having now. I am almost tempted to just erase everything and start over. Please help....