02-27-2017 12:50 PM
The touchpad on my laptop has stopped responding to taps and clicks (physical button). The touchpad continues to works to move the cursor, but will not tap or click to select. The touchpad is NOT off and I have double/triple checked the Properties for the Synaptics ClickPad and all is in line with the HP self-help guide. Please help!
02-28-2017 01:08 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you are having an issue with the touchpad click and button not working on your HP Envy notebook.
Don't worry I have a few suggestions to help you out :)
I recommend you to uninstall any generic synaptic drivers showing up for the touchpad (if available) under hidden devices from the device manager:
* Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
* At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER: set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
* Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER: start devmgmt.msc
* Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager. NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
* When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager.
* Type exit at the command prompt.
Note that when you close the command prompt window, Window clears the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 variable that you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you click Show hidden devices.
And then download a new version of the synaptic drivers using this link: Click here
For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10) - Click here
If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.
Have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee