Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently, I am unable to use my mouse or touchpad with my Pavilion Notebook 15-cs3xxx. Screen goes black when the cursor passes over a hyperlinked spot on the screen. Help!

System works fine if in only use the touchscreen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The issue with the touchscreen going black when using the mouse or touchpad on your Pavilion Notebook may be caused by a software or driver issue. To troubleshoot the problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Update Windows: Make sure that your operating system is up-to-date by checking for and installing any available updates.

2. Update Drivers: Make sure that the drivers for your touchpad and graphics card are up-to-date. You can update them by going to the HP Support website and searching for your specific laptop model.

3. Disable Touchpad: Try disabling your touchpad and see if the issue persists. You can do this by going to the Device Manager and disabling the touchpad from there.

4. Uninstall Touchpad Driver: Try uninstalling the touchpad driver and see if that resolves the issue. You can do this by going to the Device Manager, right-clicking on the touchpad and selecting Uninstall.

5. Perform a System Restore: If the issue started recently, you may be able to resolve it by performing a System Restore. This will restore your operating system and drivers to a previous state.

If the issue persists even after trying these steps, it's recommended to take the laptop to a professional repair center for further diagnosis and repair.

If the answer was helpful to you, please appreciate the effort and vote below by clicking on "Yes".
This will help me a lot and encourage me to give better answers.

My website
web counter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The issue with the touchscreen going black when using the mouse or touchpad on your Pavilion Notebook may be caused by a software or driver issue. To troubleshoot the problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Update Windows: Make sure that your operating system is up-to-date by checking for and installing any available updates.

2. Update Drivers: Make sure that the drivers for your touchpad and graphics card are up-to-date. You can update them by going to the HP Support website and searching for your specific laptop model.

3. Disable Touchpad: Try disabling your touchpad and see if the issue persists. You can do this by going to the Device Manager and disabling the touchpad from there.

4. Uninstall Touchpad Driver: Try uninstalling the touchpad driver and see if that resolves the issue. You can do this by going to the Device Manager, right-clicking on the touchpad and selecting Uninstall.

5. Perform a System Restore: If the issue started recently, you may be able to resolve it by performing a System Restore. This will restore your operating system and drivers to a previous state.

If the issue persists even after trying these steps, it's recommended to take the laptop to a professional repair center for further diagnosis and repair.

If the answer was helpful to you, please appreciate the effort and vote below by clicking on "Yes".
This will help me a lot and encourage me to give better answers.

My website
web counter
HP Recommended

Thank you for the follow-up. I had already checked for possible driver updates. However, both Windows was up to date and no drivers were shown as needing updates.

That being said, a system update appeared as being available for downloading. It downloaded and installed and, for now at least, the system seems to be working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.