Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP laptop Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I tried to connect a new 27fw monitor to my Spectre laptop by using the MINIX adapter connected to the type c port and an HDMI cable to connect the monitor to the adapter.

The problem is that when I switch on both the laptop and the monitor, the monitor is not getting any signal; it displays the message that is inactive. In the display settings of the laptop, the monitor is not recognized.

The problem is resolved by unplugging and plugging the cables from the type C port several times or switching the monitor on and off or opening and closing the display of the laptop, again, several times. The monitor then is working and shown in the display settings.

I have updated the bios and the graphics of the laptop and installed the 27fw driver, all from HP support site

All equipment is new so there shouldn't be any problems with them or the cables.

I don't want to connect the monitor using the vga port as it will probably have an impact to the resolution of the monitor.

What I did not try because I don't have the appropriate adapter is to use the normal usb port of the laptop for this purpose

Is there any solution to the problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Christakis Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the external monitor to the Spector laptop.

Have you tried with a different adapter and checked?

The Docking station/ port replicator compatible chart for Spectre notebook (USB –C type connector)

You can use the above-mentioned docking station.

Please perform the USB test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that, all the hardware will be listed, please choose USB and to initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.