Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So sorry.  I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times already.  

We  recently bought a Pavilion 15t laptop for my wife.  We love it but the number of ports is limited.  Two USB 2.0, 1 USB-C, one HDMI, and one RJ-45, and a card reader.

What is the most efficient way to intall two external monitors that will still leave her the use of the two USB 2.0 ports for her mouse and keyboard?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sickofhp1,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the information.

I checked the specifications of your computer see that the USB Type c port on your computer doesn't support the display and you need to use a USB Type C to HDMI or VGA adapter to connect the second monitor.

I recommend you try a Type C to HDMI or VGA adapter from a reputed brand and check.

Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06165629

Hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sickofhp1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the exact model and the product number for your computer.

Meanwhile, going by the information you have provided, I recommend purchasing a docking station and connecting multiple monitors to the docking station.

If the port which is available on the computer is a thunderbolt type C USB port then it will support the display and you can connect a monitor to the type C port and the HDMI.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry to be so long to get back to you.  Here are my specs

HP Pavilion - 15t-cs0000 CTO laptop Product number: 3DY10AV Serial number: 5CD8412QS6

I have tried a usb-c to hdmi cable but windows does not detect it.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@sickofhp1,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the information.

I checked the specifications of your computer see that the USB Type c port on your computer doesn't support the display and you need to use a USB Type C to HDMI or VGA adapter to connect the second monitor.

I recommend you try a Type C to HDMI or VGA adapter from a reputed brand and check.

Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06165629

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.