Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen shows two mouse pointers, one flickering much of the time. Start up shows two circular shadow objects that appear related to mouse pointers. Have run virus scan (Norton), have removed USB mouse, same issue, have added USB mouse, same issue. Have checked all apps for anything unfamilar, sure would appreciate any pointers 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Kaptkanga1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre and issues with seeing a shadow or 2 mouse cursors on your scree. Here is a link that shows you how to change the settings with the mouse.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Please re read my description of the problem. I have TWO pointers on my screen.  What is could be causing this?  Options and advice please

HP Recommended

Hey @Kaptkanga,

There are settings in the mouse shemes that can be changed. The document shows you how to change it back. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HELLLOOOOOO, there is NO setting that results in having TWO mouse pointers. Stop using auto robots to answer based on key words and get a human involved

Thankyou (sort of)

HP Recommended

Two mouse pointers are caused by a BUG IN HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT which occurs after an upgrade to Windows 10. To fix this problem, it is necessary to download Support Assistant again and install it, then restart.  Forum contributors, please try to identify whether you have been presented with a "how to use" issue or a bug. NOTE that there is NO mouse option that results in two pointers, so its pointless (:)) suggesting the fix is a mouse setting eh?

Enjoy life

HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with two pointers and also sometimes I cannot do anything it freezes

HP Recommended

Had cracked screen repaired by Best Buy. HP Pavilion x360. Returned with issue with jumpy mouse with 2 arrows. Upper arrow appears in fixed position (upper portion of screen)

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting the solution for the double-mouse pointer ghost circle issue.  It had been driving me crazy.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.