Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What does "HpHwDiag.exe" application error mean/do has no effect on operations.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dolly22,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

When exactly do you get this error message? Is it while running any test on the computer or while performing an update.

Could you share the screenshot of the issue as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It just comes up by itself during normal operation. It's deleted and normal operation continues.

HP Recommended

@dolly22,

This looks like an issue with HP Hardware diagnostics in Windows. I would personally suggest you uninstall the Hardware diagnostics and then reinstall it back.

• uninstall the UEFI diagnostics from control panel apps and features and reinstall the latest version of UEFI diagnostics from this link: and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • This should fix the issue for you.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.