Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
zbook 17
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a zbook 17 and would like to acticate the touchpad buttons.  There are 6 buttons (3 above and 3 below the touchpad).  How do you activate these and then specify their action.  I cannot find an option to turn these on in the synaptic touchpad mouse settings.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Matt0000,

What generation is your Zbook 17? In regards to the touchpad issue, please check your touchpad to see if there is any amber light on the top left/right corner. If there is, double tap it. When the amber light is there, it means the touchpad is disabled. If that doesn't fix the issue, please go to our HP drivers page (HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads and install the Synaptics Mouse driver. Once you have installed the driver, restart the notebook and open Synaptics software. Most likely it will be located on the task bar. You should be able to control your touchpad feature there. 

Thank you,

-Tenzin

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

#hpexpertday
HP Recommended

I have the same question...  Why not have a stting in the BIOS to disable the TouchPad when a mouse is attached?  Just like the Ethernet / WiFi connectivity.  When the ethernet connection is made the WiFi is disabled.  Is this hard to do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.