Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
System Model 700-149
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After a Windows up date and several reboots, my BT is no longer working!

Is my version of Windows 10 supported??

On the HP site, this computer shows no drives for W10.

Using: Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Driver

Messages from device manager:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Profiling not started.

Device USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21FB\240A649EB5C2 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem72.inf
Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}
Service: BTHUSB
Lower Filters: bcbtums
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC00000B7

suggestions?

Where do I find the latest driveers from HP?

Do I have it?

Thanks,

V

Be the computer you want to be
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are your options...

1. Replace the Broadcom AC card with this Intel AC card which has more recent driver support.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

There should be plenty of them for sale on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

2.  Purchase an external USB bluetooth 5 adapter.  W10 will install different drivers for it.

If you decide to install the Intel wifi card, first uninstall the Broadcom wifi adapter and driver in the device manager, and do the same thing for the Broadcom bluetooth adapter.

Shut down the PC and install the Intel card.

You can get the latest drivers for the Intel 7260 directly from Intel.  That card has W10 driver support into 2019.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28622/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Fam...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the latest W10 driver HP released for the model bluetooth adapter your PC comes with.

12.0.1.921   Mar 21, 2016

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I have that driver already installed.

Would BT 5.0 work with this driver which is 4.0?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are your options...

1. Replace the Broadcom AC card with this Intel AC card which has more recent driver support.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

There should be plenty of them for sale on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

2.  Purchase an external USB bluetooth 5 adapter.  W10 will install different drivers for it.

If you decide to install the Intel wifi card, first uninstall the Broadcom wifi adapter and driver in the device manager, and do the same thing for the Broadcom bluetooth adapter.

Shut down the PC and install the Intel card.

You can get the latest drivers for the Intel 7260 directly from Intel.  That card has W10 driver support into 2019.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28622/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Fam...

HP Recommended

And you are so fast!

Appreciated!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

The External BT dongle will be the fastest.

This computer is 7 years old....still awesome but tech keeps moving.

I assume I would have to disable the built in BT (Broadcom drivers)?

Thanks,

V

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I would just right click on the BCM Bluetooth adapter in the device manager and select Disable.

So, I take it the device manager reports the BT is working fine but the BT isn't working?

As these new versions of W10 roll out, older devices suddenly quit working, and it is hard to find solutions to fix the problems.

HP Recommended

Yes, after an update, it stopped working.

It shows in Device Manager

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Profiling not started.

On the BT settings in Windows the BT on/off slider does not appear.  But I can still see my old paired devices (that do now work)

I see some BT dongles, but they support only 4 devices.  i assume if those devices have their own dongles it should not be an issue?

Thanks,

V

HP Recommended

Hi:

I would imagine if you have devices with their own dongles such as a mouse of keyboard, those don't connect to the PC's bluetooth adapter.

Have you tried uninstalling the Broadcom bluetooth adapter and driver in the device manager, restarting the PC and see if the device gets reinstalled correctly.

I would disconnect all BT devices and see if you can get the BCM bluetooth adapter started and working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.