Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-db0049na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, so I just wanna get this sorted.

Another unfortunate Windows 10 Issue..

My laptop did have Bluetooth when I first purchased it, and I am 100% sure. 

However, after a few updates it vanished, I didn't really notice much as I was not using Bluetooth and preferred wired earphones at that time, however now that I've got Airpods Pro and mainly use my laptop for Design, I want to listen to music, watch videos etc.

It doesn't pop up in Device Manager, or in the add devices tab when selecting Bluetooth. It also doesn't pop up in the Airplane Mode menu where you can choose if your Bluetooth should be enabled/disabled whilst the Airplane Mode is activated.

I have checked through HP's official documentation of my product and it says it has a Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. However, I cannot get it to work as summarised. If any of you could help me with this unfortunate issue, please get back to me ASAP!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@horridrv 

Please download and install

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100556.exe

You also need to allow your BT devices are discoverable

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I installed it, took me to the cmd prompt, stated it was accepted. Then I tried opening Bluetooth, but still same problem

what do you mean by making sure BT devices are discoverable?

HP Recommended

Also doesn't pop up in Device Manager

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.