Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2K3D8AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I want to upgrade my laptop's Wi-Fi card from RTL8822CE to Intel AX200, which is the only Intel card present in the service manual. Is that safe? I heard CNVIo models are incompatible, but there's no AX200 version at all that has CNVIo support. What about Intel vPro? Does that affect anything? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Intel AX200 is not a CNVI card.

The link has the list of Intel CNVI Wi-Fi cards, none of which would work in your notebook.

What Are the Intel® Integrated Connectivity (CNVi) and Companion...

You should be fine replacing the problematic RTL8822CE to Intel AX200, as long as you get this model.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Intel AX200 is not a CNVI card.

The link has the list of Intel CNVI Wi-Fi cards, none of which would work in your notebook.

What Are the Intel® Integrated Connectivity (CNVi) and Companion...

You should be fine replacing the problematic RTL8822CE to Intel AX200, as long as you get this model.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro    HP part # L35282-005

HP Recommended

What about a normal non-HP AX200 non-vPro? I don't have the means to get an HP one at the moment.

This is the link: https://www.emag.ro/placa-de-retea-intel-dual-band-wireless-ax200ngw-wlan-wi-fi-6-ax200-2230-2x2-ax-...

HP Recommended

The card you posted on that link has the same SPS # on the label (L35282-005) as the HP part number I posted, so it should work fine.

That SPS# denotes the card is non-vPro.

HP Recommended

Thanks! There's no hope for an AX210 because of the whitelist, right? Also, what about a RAM upgrade? Is a RAM module with 3200MHz 22CL as the original one enough?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There has been no one on this forum (at least 6 folks) that have gotten an Intel AX210 non-vPro card to work in any HP notebook with an AMD processor.

The card you are about to purchase is the same card that HP installed at the factory in my HP 15-ee0047nr notebook which has a Ryzen 5 4500U processor, so that card should work in your notebook too.

Your notebook supports 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory.

Even the older models with the Ryzen 3xxx processors supported 32 GB of memory as indicated in chapter 1 of the older service manual for the model series:

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.