Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook model 14-am052nia
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good day, i tried uninstall the blue tooth drive from Device Manager but it auto comes up after i scan for new hardware. I also have change the system system "Never Install driver software from Windows Update", yet the issue persist. The Original device name is Realtek blue tooth 4.0 which i have the driver but each time i try to install, i get this error.  "there are unauthorised bluetooth adapter in your system, please remove or disable the devices and click ok.

Please help out.Generic Bluetooth.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @ABOXY

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to install a Bluetooth driver on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Have you tried to update the driver using HP Support Assistant?

Windows will reinstall the driver automatically when you uninstall the driver. 

Based on the specifications of your computer, your computer was bundled with FreeDOS 2.0. Click here

When I check www.hp.com/drivers and enter your computer model, drivers are only available for Windows 10. 

When there are no drivers available for any computer on HP Website, you will have to rely on Windows updates to get drivers or install and run HP Support Assistant to automatically detect and install the drivers meant for the computer. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @ABOXY

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to install a Bluetooth driver on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Have you tried to update the driver using HP Support Assistant?

Windows will reinstall the driver automatically when you uninstall the driver. 

Based on the specifications of your computer, your computer was bundled with FreeDOS 2.0. Click here

When I check www.hp.com/drivers and enter your computer model, drivers are only available for Windows 10. 

When there are no drivers available for any computer on HP Website, you will have to rely on Windows updates to get drivers or install and run HP Support Assistant to automatically detect and install the drivers meant for the computer. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and Good Morning.

I want to say thank you to both Paul_Tikkanen and you. The time given is highly appreciated. I did a fresh installation as adviced and use the drivers at https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-14-am000-notebook-pc-series/10862182/model/13498... and the bluetooth now works. 

Thank you/Merci

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.