Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7NH51PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Team,

I am not being able to access my bluetooth since the new updates. Whenever I try to look into my device manager it says that 

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Could you please help me fix this problem? I have tried everything possible but could not achieve anything. I even tried with add legacy hardware but when I go to the "Network Adaptor" the bluetooth icon does not appear. I tried with the regedit still no luck. I tried with the "fsquirt" formula still nothing.

I would highly appreciate your guidance upon this matter.

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SS90 

Your machine is an  HP Notebook - 15s-du0096tu,  its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06386953

It has Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo adapter. Please download and install Bluetooh driver/software:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104078.exe

Or use Windows 10 updates to update your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the assistance Banhien but, I have already downloaded from the "Software and Drivers". I have installed them as well but, still it is not working. I have updated the latest version of Windows 10 on my notebook. Could you please assist me on how to update via windows. Actually it was fine when my Machine was not updated. Since my last couple of updates the bluetooth function is gone. So this is the actual problem that I am facing after the Update. 

HP Recommended

One more thing I forgot to mention. Whenever I run troubleshoot for bluetooth it says that "bluetooth is not available on this device".

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue. Both WiFi and Bluetooth have disappeared, and reported with the same fault. Windows just doesn't see the hardware anymore, and removes the options and links. The mouse and keyboard Bluetooth devices are now orphaned. I can use WiFi and Bluetooth again only if I plug in a related USB adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.