Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP OMEN Laptop 15-dc0xxx, Product number 3ME01AV, with a Realtek RTL8822BE combination Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapter.    Windows 10 with latest patches (20H2).   Networking works fine on both 2.4GHz ad 5GHz bands.    I recently acquired a Keysight U1177A Bluetooth adapter for a Keysight multimeter to do logging.    The adapter works fine with my Samsung smartphone, with range up to 35 feet (Class 2 device).     However, I cannot get it to work reliably with the Omen Laptop.      The U1177A would be detected after a long delay as a unknown device, and could not be paired.     After many attempts I was able to get it recognized and pair it, but could not transfer data.   After many, many, experiments, I have found that it will pair and transmit data ONLY if the U1177A adapter is held against the lower right corner of the screen where the power cord enters the unit.    As long as the adapter is held next to the computer in this location it works fine, but moving it away just a few inches loses the Bluetooth connection.      Moving  the adapter to top of screen where wireless antennas are located causes loss of connection.

I have tried all of the usual "fixes":  deleting Bluetooth adapter and re-booting, updating drivers to most recent available version, deleting and reinstalling Bluetooth device, running trouble shooter, etc.  Bluetooth function (or lack of function) is the same whether Wi-Fi is on or off and independent of using 2.4 or 5GHz bands.

Any insight on how to get reliable Bluetooth function would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WWW2 

Your machine is an OMEN BY HP - 15T-DC000 CTO machine, depending on your selection, it can have 1 of the following option:

• WLAN RT CARTIER AC 2x2 (no BT) part # 915623-001       or
  • WLAN AC+BT5 INT M2 2230 NV (with BT) part #  L22634-001

My HP Omen machine actually has the second one which is an Intel 9560. Therefore you need download and install Intel Bluetooh driver, not Realtek. Please download and install

For Bluetooth: 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95714.exe

You may need to re-inslall Intel wifi driver (if required)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99225.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Service manual says that this Omen model can have the Realtek 8822 or Intel 9560 combo Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.     I believe that mine has the Realtek card, because that is what is reported in Device Manager and Speccy.   So, I think that I have a Realtek adapter, and I have installed the most recent patches for it.......

Summary of network adapters from Speccy:

Adapters List
Enabled
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2
Connection Name Bluetooth Network Connection 2
DHCP enabled Yes
MAC Address 0C-96-E6-CC-22-F2
Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller
Connection Name Ethernet
DHCP enabled Yes
MAC Address E4-E7-49-46-2F-FA
Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
Connection Name Wi-Fi
NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes
DHCP enabled Yes
MAC Address 0C-96-E6-CC-22-F1

HP Recommended

Found another post on the forum with a weak Bluetooth signal.    The poster solved the problem by opening up the HP Omen and discovering that one of the WLAN antenna cables was disconnected from the wireless card.     I opened mine up and found exactly the  same.   Cable labeled 1 was about 5mm from the connector.    Attached the cable to the card and now Bluetooth works fine--I'm even seeing my neighbors Bluetooth devices.

Apparently the HP factory has problems getting the cables attached??

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.