Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 820 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My Bluetooth abiltiy appears to have been removed with Windows 10 upgrade, I have enabled Bluetooth on my Network Adaptor & installed all up to date drivers - it worked fine before. this is terribly frustrating.

HP Connection Manager will not start, I cannot find it on my programs, however it is available to uninstall. 

Bluetooth utility (settings) says device does not have Bluetooth

I have Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265 - again I have enabled Bluetooth on Advanced Properties.

Please help.

Regards,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you see a bluetooth radios device manager category, then the BT should be working.

Under that category, there should be an Intel bluetooth adapter listed.

If there is a generic bluetooth adapter listed there, the Intel bluetooth driver didn't install.

There is no way to get the HPCM software to work in any other OS but W7.

You may as well uninstall it if you even can, and restart the PC.

When you updated the Intel bluetooth driver, did you first uninstall the old driver in the control panel>Programs>uninstall a program section?

The driver instructions require that all previous BT software/driver installations be uninstalled and the PC restarted before installing the updated software.

The Intel 7265 AC card definitely comes with BT.

http://ark.intel.com/products/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi, David:

Did you have W7 on there when you upgraded to W10?

I  ask that because the HP Connection Manager software only works on W7.

If you did, you are going to have to go back to W7, turn the bluetooth on with the HP Connection Manager software, uninstall the HPCM software, restart the PC, verify that the BT radio is still turned on and then you can reinstall W10, and all should be well again.

HP Recommended

When I purchased the Laptop from Costco, it came with windows 10 already installed. I don't have an installation disk for this computer as it came with windows 10 already installed.

HP Recommended

If it never had windows 7 on it, then it never should have had the HP connection manager software installed.

So, unfortunately, I would have no idea why the bluetooth isn't working.

You should be seeing a bluetooth radios device manager category in the device manager.

If you don't, check the BIOS to make sure the bluetooth radio is present and enabled.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Thanks for your help so far. Is there a way to install the connection manager in Windows 10? I see there is a bluetooth connection in the Device Manager but it never connctes to anything. So I take it that the dual band network card has bluetooth capabilities? Please advise.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you see a bluetooth radios device manager category, then the BT should be working.

Under that category, there should be an Intel bluetooth adapter listed.

If there is a generic bluetooth adapter listed there, the Intel bluetooth driver didn't install.

There is no way to get the HPCM software to work in any other OS but W7.

You may as well uninstall it if you even can, and restart the PC.

When you updated the Intel bluetooth driver, did you first uninstall the old driver in the control panel>Programs>uninstall a program section?

The driver instructions require that all previous BT software/driver installations be uninstalled and the PC restarted before installing the updated software.

The Intel 7265 AC card definitely comes with BT.

http://ark.intel.com/products/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265

HP Recommended
There was a 3rd Party Bluetooth dongle installed and when I uninstalled it the computers Bluetooth was working fine.
Thanks
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

In order to retain my W10 working environment, do you think that:

a)  an image backup of the w10 drive

b) an F11 recovery at boot to restore factory  w7 environment to enable BT as you instructed

c)  an image restore of the backup taken in a)

will do the job as well?

HP Recommended

Hi, @Harbos

You can try it, but I doubt it will work.

Wouldn't that be like digging a hole and filling it back in again?

You go back to W7, enable BT, but then restore the old W10 files and settings.

Nothing would change as far as I could guess.

BT would probably be turned off again in the W10 settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.