Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-EA0023DX (Spectre X360 14t )
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm reporting a BT bug which affects multiple brands and models of laptops.

This affects BT mice and keyboards in the form of input lag and/or stuttering.  Specifically, I see this issue on both a Logitech MX2S mouse, and a Microsoft Surface Arc one. 

This issue does not occur on a 2019 HP Envy with an Intel 9260 WLAN M2 card.  It also does not occur with a brand new Intel AX210 card I installed in the Envy.  Unfortunately, the Spectre X360 has a soldered M2 card so it is not replaceable.

This lag issue appears to be related to BT LE (low energy) implementation on Windows 10 (2004 and later).

This occurs on  the HP Spectre X360, Lenovo 13s G2, and Dell XPS 9310, and likely many other models.

Manufacturers need to be aware of Windows BT LE implementation and work to release a BIOS update that allows for proper BT device use.  Asus, for example, seems to not have an issue with stutter/lag despite using the same Intel AX201 based WLAN/BT card.

Here is a link to the Dell XPS thread which has much discussion on workarounds, but no actual fix yet.

I hope HP is already working on this issue.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar issue using a Logitech MX Anywhere 2S mouse and Logitech MX Keys keyboard.  Oddly, it only happens when I use them with my Envy x360, which I've had for about two weeks and not my Spectre x360, which I got back at the end of August.

HP Recommended

Which laptop is which Intel Gen? 

HP Recommended

My Spectre has the i7 10750H 10th Gen and the Envy as the i7 1165G7 11th Gen.

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm fairly certain this is an issue on Tiger Lake laptops only.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Are you sure?  Have you tried it?  I've already tried a multitude of things (disabling power management in device manger, editing registry, updating Bluetooth drivers) and I'm hesitant to do something else until I know for sure it will work.

BTW, my current drivers are 21.110.1.1

HP Recommended

So I installed the updated wifi drivers and it seems to help, mostly.  BUT, I'm still getting lag from time to time so I don't think this fully solves the issue, at least for me.  How has it been for you?

HP Recommended

I also see an occasional hiccup, but its significantly improved.

There''s also an even newer driver out:

[content removed]

HP Recommended

Strange that the link got removed.  A link to an Intel driver for a component in the laptop.  With no explanation either.

Looks like the mods are not only unhelpful in providing a solution, but then become an obstacle to a solution as well.

Great customer service!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.