Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook- 17-k112nl
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good afternoon, 

yesterday, suddenly my Bluetooth has stopped working, while I was listening to music with my headphones. Now the Bluetooth icon disappeared and I can't even research it anywhere, it's like it doesn't exist.

What can I do? 

thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear ElenaBrambilla,

You said stated that you were located in Italy, as a matter of fact I am too.

My internet provider is fastweb and from the router settings I am able change the frequency from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz.

If you are able to make this change bluetooth interference will not happen anymore.

Please let me know which internet provider you have so I can assist you better.

L.J. de Boer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Dear Elena,

Could you please open device manager using the following procedure click on windows icon, in the search bar type run.exe, then type devmgmt.msc, and hit enter. Would you be able to make a screenshot of the window you see opening? 

In this way I can find out if it might be a driver problem yes or no.

If you have trouble opening device manager please use the following link: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/ways-open-device-manager-windows

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your answer.

When I type those words, it can't find anything, probably because I have the Italian language set and in it may be different.

However, I managed to find the solution, installing a new bluetooth driver that i downloaded from the hp site, but I think that there is still a problem because when i watch a video with my headphones, sometimes the audio stop while the video doesn't, and it's strange

HP Recommended

Dear ElenaBrambilla,

I am glad you have found a partial solution.

For the audio problem you are experiencing, it might be due to interference of your wifi network.

Could you please check if your network is on 2.4 Ghz or 5.0 GHz?

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

yeah, I definitely have a problem with my wifi.

My network is on 2.4ghz

thanks 

Elena B.

HP Recommended

Dear ElenaBrambilla,

You said stated that you were located in Italy, as a matter of fact I am too.

My internet provider is fastweb and from the router settings I am able change the frequency from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz.

If you are able to make this change bluetooth interference will not happen anymore.

Please let me know which internet provider you have so I can assist you better.

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

Hello

oh wow, but are you Italian or u just live here? 

my provider is Vodafone.

Yesterday, while checking the router I tried to change frequency and today seems to work fine.

I didn't know I could change it, so thank you 

HP Recommended

Dear ElenaBrambilla,

I am studying here in italy.

I am so glad that this fixed your problem.

L.J. de Boer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.