Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t (2020)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all!

I just bought a brand new Spectre x360 13t over the weekend. I love everything about it, but there's one really annoying bug that I can't sort out. I use a Bluetooth mouse about 70% of the time for work, and every time I stop using it for about 7-8 seconds, it goes to sleep. This means it takes about half a second for the mouse to register, and when it does, it jumps across the screen. Really annoying!

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Bluetooth drivers.

2. Uninstalled and updated Bluetooth drivers.

3. Checked the Device Manager settings for Bluetooth Devices (Power Management tab is missing from all devices)

4. Edited registry to try and add Power Management back into the Registry Editor

5. Checked the BIOS to see if there's a power management setting (there isn't)

6. Updated the BIOS to see if it would add a new power management setting (it didn't)

This is driving me mad! I can't help but think that someone at Microsoft or HP decided that I wasn't smart enough to disable my power saving mode, and so they've done all my thinking for me and removed it.

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@henrymac I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works, since if you've pretty much done everything else that could possibly resolve the issue,

Also, does an alternate bluetooth mouse have the same issue, could you check that as well?

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.