Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Assuming there is a non-driver fault with the audio on the motherboard, would bluetooth speakers  get round this problem?  Just asking before buying.  Thanks 

PS Please accept that diagnosis has proved that the sound functionality on the mainboard is faulty (even after clean reinstall of Win 1020h2 - drivers now removed).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as your notebook has Bluetooth, you should not need to have a working audio system.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 MT business desktop PC, and last week I bought a Bluetooth speaker for it.

The PC has an Intel 7265 AC wifi/Bluetooth adapter.

Before I paired the speaker with the Intel Bluetooth, I went into the BIOS and completely disabled the onboard Realtek audio, just to see what would happen.

Works like a champ with no PC audio.  Bluetooth has its own audio.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as your notebook has Bluetooth, you should not need to have a working audio system.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 MT business desktop PC, and last week I bought a Bluetooth speaker for it.

The PC has an Intel 7265 AC wifi/Bluetooth adapter.

Before I paired the speaker with the Intel Bluetooth, I went into the BIOS and completely disabled the onboard Realtek audio, just to see what would happen.

Works like a champ with no PC audio.  Bluetooth has its own audio.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.