Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-04-2023 11:08 AM
The Bluetooth on my HP Envy laptop suddenly stopped working. I was using my Bluetooth mouse when it stopped working. The Bluetooth symbol is gone. I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter which said "Device does not have Bluetooth. Bluetooth is not available on this device." I went to the device manager which did not show the Bluetooth driver. I downloaded the driver from Intel and tried to install it, but nothing happened. I went back to the device manager and click up options, then show hidden devices. It showed Bluetooth and all of the devices that I had connected to Bluetooth and also the Bluetooth driver, but, under the driver, it said "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)" I also made sure that the Bluetooth services were running. I stopped and restarted them. I also tried restarting the laptop and then shut down and restart of the computer. Any ideas?
01-05-2023 02:28 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your basic system configuration before we dive deeper ...
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>
- Expand <Audio inputs and outputs>
- Expand <Bluetooth>
- Expand <Network adapters>
- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>
- Expand <Other devices> ? (Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver)
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report back
01-05-2023 08:21 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly. Here is my system info.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP ENVY Laptop 13-aq0xxx
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 5PC46AV
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.11, 5/26/2020
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Here is my Device Manager info
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
01-05-2023 12:45 PM
Thanks for reporting.
(1) Create Windows system <restore point>
(2) Download and install BIOS Update
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.17 Rev.A||13.2 MB||Aug 15, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(4) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
(5) Visit --->>> Intel Wi-Fi Site
- Download and install WiFi-22.190.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe
(6) Visit --->>> Intel Bluetooth Site
- Download and install BT-22.190.0-32-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe
(7) Restart Windows
(8) Test your notebook
(9) Please back
01-24-2023 03:35 AM
Thanks for reporting.
Keep an eye on your notebook and report back if you are satisfied with the solution or not.
Create Windows system <restore point> to save the current stable state !
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community