Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ay083nia
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi recently i purchased this (HP Notebook 15-ay083nia ) laptop.  But in HP support  page didn't get this driver enlisted.

This one has  Wi-fi (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n  M.2) & bluetooth combo chip .  For Bluettoth i installed sp66402  & for Wi- Fi  sp70616 . But wi-fi signal strenth is very poor and not stable at all  although router is near by. Other laptops are working fine just mine one giving less signal strength. please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the latest W7 driver for the model wireless network adapter your notebook has...

The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The driver is located in two places.

1) on the recovery flash drive that you should have created by now.

2) in the HP Recovery Manager that you can access while you are logged into Windows.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Thanks for your reply. I purchased a dos machine then installed windows. i didn't get your point what you mentioned.

i already installed the mentioned driver  which is giving unstable Wi-Fi signal.  is there any single  driver for both hardware.

what you want me to do?

HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the latest W7 driver for the model wireless network adapter your notebook has...

The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe

HP Recommended

@uddhap wrote:

Dear Thanks for your reply. I purchased a dos machine then installed windows. i didn't get your point what you mentioned.

i already installed the mentioned driver  which is giving unstable Wi-Fi signal.  is there any single  driver for both hardware.

what you want me to do?

Thanks. I did not know yours was a Dos machine. In your case, there is indeed no Recovery Flashdrive creation needed or possible. It does help when you supply that information.

Use the device manager to determine which devices do not have drivers installed.  Then use the  support page that I provided to get the drivers that you need.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @erico :

There is no W7 Broadcom wireless driver on the support page for that model, which is why I posted it and why the OP was trying different versions from elsewhere, which are too old for the hardware version of the wlan card in his notebook.

HP Recommended

Thank you dear. This one is working perfectly.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You will also need the Broadcom bluetooth driver, which also is not on your notebook's support page...

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.