Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I just purchased this laptop and I can use most functions except for receiving anything from my long established yahoo mail ac count.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LeapinLar 

Did you deliberately purchase a computer running Windows in "S" mode?  If yes, then you know that the restrictions are many and severe when using this truncated version of the full Windows Operating System.

I am aware - for having read a very few of the articles on the subject - that the only way to install additional software on the computer is to do so by installing that software from the Windows Store.  Great if all you need happens to be available in the Store.  The available options are getting better - it is certainly possible to live in the "S mode" world.

I would guess, without any actual information at all,

• You have not yet installed a usable mail client from the Windows store
  • Your email is set to two-step verification (or something similar) and the extra login security is causing odd issues
  • Windows Mail - IF it is even included in Windows in "S" mode - cannot handle your email login setup
  • For some reason, you cannot set up / access your email using Edge (Microsoft successor to Internet Explorer) and / or any other version of a browser you are using (having found and installed it from the Store) is not functioning as expected.

For those reading, a bit of information

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

So, what to do?

• Using a different device, check your email account setup for any login restrictions (for example, two-step verification).  Remove any login restrictions attached to the email login and test the access.  If it works, you can investigate the question further by asking the Microsoft Community for help.  

OR

• Open the Windows Store and look for a usable email client (program) - download-install the program and set up your email.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.