Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
NO laptop 15-vs1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I click on the internet connection, normally a box would appear to enter the password. But it doesn't. It then shows as "connected-no internet." 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fan09 Guest or public networks (such as networks found in apartments, coffee shops, schools, or hotels) have additional security features that can prevent the connection, and also, they may not be secure at times, hence HP does not recommend using them, could you connect to your home network and let us know if that works?

Keep us posted, so we can troubleshoot accordingly.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delayed response. . .laptop works fine at home.  I realize that public wifi is not the best or safest.  However, we travel extensively in our camper and often public wifi is the only option, which is the reason for the question. Is there a solution? 

HP Recommended

@Fan09 You may want to check with a local tech as we don't support the same, and I hope you understand!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.