Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP stream 14 has been factory reset however I can catch other hot spots or Internet from other places but cannot connect to the one in my home. I contacted my local provider and they told me that it is not my router. So what is the best way for me to connect to the internet. I am literally standing in front of my router and I cannot pick up a signal.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Harris803 

I've got no idea what is your HP stream 14. But looks like your machine only supports 2.4GHz networks. All you need is to allow your router to broadcast dual bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz). Your machine now can see 2.4GHz SSID and allow you to connect.

One question: Did you install wifi driver to your machine ? You have to do that first. Again, I don't know what is your machine therefore I can't comment further.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.