Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen HP, 15-dc0045nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying the whole day to try and get miracast to work so I can use my old laptop as a second monitor. Currently miracast works on my old laptop. I've checked the minimum specs, when typing dxDiag it says Miracast: available, with HDCP. 

When I try checking my netowrk adapter version by typing Get-NetAdapter | Select Name, NdisVersion in powershell, i get Bluetooth is 6.3, ethernet 6.4, ethernet 2 6.1, and wifi is 6.7. I currently use wifi, not ethernet. When i type netsh wlan show drivers in cmd, for Wireless Display Supported it says: No (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wifi-Driver: No). Im assuming the wifi-driver is the problem but i've also read that you need intel integrated graphics for miracast to work. On device manager I only see Nvidia Geforce 1070 as the display adapter, i've tried installing the intel hd graphics for my laptop on the hp website, but it doesn't show up and I can't see anything. Does anyone know how to enable miracast? My computer should be able to support it. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AngelBeats Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to enable miracast.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

1. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

1. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  2. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  3. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05189396

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.