Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mini 210-2130NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my mini because the Windows 10 upgrade left it basically unusable. I've successfully installed windows 7 professional on it however I'm unable to connect to my wifi to do any updates. Under the device manager it says I am missing a network controller and a video controller. I was able to find a network adapter (Realtek PCI FE Family Controller) but I need help locating the others. I've tried to look up available drivers under my product on the HP website but it only had something Windows 10 specific.

Device Instance path:

Network controller: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01\4&EDE306C&0&00E0

Video Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00\3&21436425&0&11

Thank you for any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Network controller:

This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

File name: sp57965.exe

Video Controller:  You posted you are running W7 64 bit, but your notebook came with W7 32 bit.

You would need to use the 64 bit graphics driver directly from Intel for the 64 bit version.  2nd one on the list.

Note:  I think the Intel driver site is messed up because when I click on the link to get to the driver, nothing happens, and this has happened to me twice today.

You may have to wait until after the 4th of July holiday to get the driver if you have the same issue.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-graphics-media-accelerator-315...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Network controller:

This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

File name: sp57965.exe

Video Controller:  You posted you are running W7 64 bit, but your notebook came with W7 32 bit.

You would need to use the 64 bit graphics driver directly from Intel for the 64 bit version.  2nd one on the list.

Note:  I think the Intel driver site is messed up because when I click on the link to get to the driver, nothing happens, and this has happened to me twice today.

You may have to wait until after the 4th of July holiday to get the driver if you have the same issue.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-graphics-media-accelerator-315...

HP Recommended

Thank you!

Do you think I should do a clean install of Windows 7 32 bit? Would that effect my PC performance?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You would probably be better off running a 32 bit operating system on that machine -- especially if you only have 2 GB  of memory installed in it.

64 bit operating systems require more memory and disk space to run than a 32 bit OS does.  Not double, but more.

You can use the same network driver I posted but you would use this 32 bit graphics driver...

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the Intel audio driver.

File name: sp52565.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.