Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much. I will give these all a bash now and let you know what the outcome is. Good to see that there are still folk out there, in the wild, who are prepared to help!  🙂 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Ok, so far, between you and I, (mainly you) we seem to have sorted a few of the problems. The 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' issue seems to be problematic. It appears under (after running the driver) "System devices" in the Device Manager but with a yellow warning that it's not really installed. When I refresh the Device Manager it just reverts back to where it was sitiing, under "other devices". So not sure what's happening there? 

Also under "other devices" this is sitting there and also not sure what to do here. "Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor Intel DPTF Thermal Framework Device - 3400"

Under: Intel(R) Dynamic Platform And Thermal Framework (In the Device Manager) I have these two entries that seem to have installed themselves correctly!

Mobile 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Camarillo Device - 1603

Mobile 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Thermal Management Controller - 9CA4

When I look at  the properties of this it says that: Under "Device Status" No drivers are installed for this device. So if that's normal or not I'm not sure!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Piers.

Forgot to mention that this machine is also having an issue connecting to the MS update server (Windows updates) so when the device manager tries to go look for windows driver updates, for these particular drivers, it looks and looks and then eventually fails.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if these different variations of the drivers work...

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71262.exe

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74844.exe

The drivers I originally posted were right from your notebook's support page, so I couldn't say why they didn't work (other than HP posted the wrong ones there).

If those don't work either, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try, other than to contact HP technical support for assistance.

Regarding the windows update not working...

See if installing these two updates help.  Install and restart the PC.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083710

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

HP Recommended

Thanks bro,

Much appreciated. Will give the newer stuff a go and if it resolves or not I will post a reply. After that, it will just have to work as it is then.

This is not my machine but a friends, and in all the time that I've been doing this sort of work, about 25 years now, I've never run into anything so convoluted and ridiculous. I had gone to the page on the HP site as regards the drivers that should work for this machine. This from the onset, but half of them would not work! There was also no option/driver for the Ethernet Controller, if there is sorry I didn't see it!   🙂 

OK, all that said, let me give this a go and see what happens.

Thanks again Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can find additional W7 drivers fr0m the base model 15t-ac000 but don't use any of the BIOS or firmware files.

However, the management engine and thermal drivers appear to be the same file numbers as the ones I already gave you.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8381866

The ethernet driver can be used from that model if there isn't one on the support page for the model you are working on.

I agree...these newer models are very hard to get the drivers to install, and HP sometimes puts multiple files of the same driver name on the support page, so you have to guess which one might work.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. 

Unfortunately none of that worked so still at square one (well, just a bit past) I'm afraid! Very hard to comprehend but it seems to be the tall and the short of it!

I have to say I'm not impressed at all with the way HP have made me jump through hoops for the last three days! Quite frankly this experience will make me think twice about ever recommending an HP Laptop to any of my clients. I would be too scared to, as I would definitely suffer the consequences when something needs to be redone. 

Thanks so much for all your efforts, I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Piers.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.