Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 6470B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I managed to finally get my hands on HSPA+ modem: Ericsson F5321, or HP hs2350.

I have connected it to the laptop, it booted fine, and BIOS correctly recognizes WWAN and GPS devices, then proceeds to boot.

In Windows (10 64-bit), after running Windows update, the device "HP hs2350 HSDPA+ Broadband Modem" has no drivers and yellow bang.

I installed first this package:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-6470b-notebook-pc/5212922/swIt...

Then this package:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-6470b-notebook-pc/5212922/swIt...

After installing first, couple of new devices appeared (like Ericsson USB cpoposite device), but the bang didn't go away.

After installing the second, I end with 'MbmLowExt' under Network devices with error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I tried combinations of installing both, one or another, uninstalling, rolling back using system restore point but nothing helps.

I also tried Lenovo drivers for Ericsson device, but it refuses to install at all.

Can I do anything else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ericsson cards require a firmware update to work properly with Windows 10 built-in WWAN support, HP has for whatever reason opted not to release this firmware patch.

However Lenovo has, if you download and install DS039685 from Lenovo you can update the firmware on the card, the flash utility will report to have failed even though it was successful when you use it to update the HP branded card,  but after you reboot Windows 10 will detect and manage the hs2350.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try installing the sp66584 driver in W8.1 compatibility mode.

If that doesn't work, try manually installing the driver from the device in the device manager and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file (SWSetup\sp66584).

HP Recommended

Thank you for suggestions!

Windows 10 offers me only Windows 8 compatibility, not discinct 8/8.1. Using it didn't help.- still yellow bang on un2350.

I extracted the setup, there are Ericsson installer and HP Software framework, there are no *.inf driver files, so no installation trough device manager is possible. I even checked Temp folder, but contents are the same as from setup.

Just for the record, Lenovo driver is exactly the same, except it checks for laptop manufacturer.

I did the same for other driver, and ended up with same result as before - MbmLowExt with a bang.

At this momnet, I'd say there is either a trick for it, or I need newer drivers.

HP Recommended

Ericsson cards require a firmware update to work properly with Windows 10 built-in WWAN support, HP has for whatever reason opted not to release this firmware patch.

However Lenovo has, if you download and install DS039685 from Lenovo you can update the firmware on the card, the flash utility will report to have failed even though it was successful when you use it to update the HP branded card,  but after you reboot Windows 10 will detect and manage the hs2350.

HP Recommended

Hm, I'll try to upadte it. There is, however a problem with this update: it won't work on Windows 10, so I'll need to install Windows 7 or 8 on the laptop to use it.

Thank you for suggestion. I'll put an update, if it succeeds. If not... well, modem wasn't expensive, just hard to find 🙂

HP Recommended

This update from 2016 does work on Windows 10, the previous firmware update does not.

I installed it on Windows 10 on a card that still had it's factory firmware.

HP Recommended

Wooooooah, success!

As you wrote, the newer update (which I found only when you posted the exact ID of it - Google searches showed me only old one) worked!

I have no idea, if this was factory firmware, or not, as I grabbed the card from local auction site, but just for reference:

And... it works!

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

HP Recommended

I'm glad it worked for you, hopefully HP will see fit to release this update themselves. However I believe Dell is also guity of failing to provide the Windows 10 compatible firmware.

R1 is the original firmware, the firmware the card shipped with is under the right-hand side of the barcode on the card.

HP Recommended

Well, least we can do is make this thread visible 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Vatharian,

Having the same issue over here on a 8770w workstation. The WWAN is in the BIOS, and in the Device Manager, but 

still not working at all. 

As I tried following the tips from TrevorYYC, I found that Lenovo had pulled out this file from their website OR I simply can't find it anymore. Can you please send over the link or the file via WeTransfer or MyAirBridge, please?

Thanks in advance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.