Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Wireless Mouse KU916AA

Does anyone know who to change the batteries in the HP Wireless Mouse KU916AA?!  It cannot be that hard!  I have looked everywhere and cannot find an instruction.  The startup manual does not provide any instruciton and the produce number is not found on the HP product list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My husband figured it out.  You do not change the batteries from the top, you change them from the bottom.  By the slot, there is a small indenture that you use to pull the back up to get to the batteries.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CarolinaBlonde,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding assistance with changing batteries on your HP mouse. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you check the mouse for any kind of slot that needs to be worked to remove the battery cover?

For now please try these links and check if this helps.

• Some of these are third party links. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as these are third party links meant only for viewing information and following instructions.
  • Link 1: is a forum link: http://hp.care/2ig2A7j
  • Link 2: is an HP troubleshooting link to troubleshoot a wireless keyboard and mouse. It will give you information on how to remove the battery also.
  • Link 3: is a YouTube link: http://hp.care/2ieGbr4  for HP mouse battery replacement.
  • Also, please check this quick start guide and images to change the battery from this link: http://hp.care/2igB9uo look at images 3,4,5 a,b for more information.

You replace the batteries through the top of the mouse, not the bottom as with most others. Please note that when you remove the cover there is another small plastic piece that holds the two AA batteries down you'll need to remove that as well to get the batteries out.

Please refer to below document for images and more info.

http://hp.care/2mFRtBN

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My husband figured it out.  You do not change the batteries from the top, you change them from the bottom.  By the slot, there is a small indenture that you use to pull the back up to get to the batteries.

HP Recommended

Hi @CarolinaBlonde,

I read the post. I am happy for you that the issue has been resolved. Based on the previous post I gave the relevant steps to replace the batteries. Some HP mouse products have been designed to replace the batteries from the top while others are designed to replace them at the bottom.

If you noticed I gave both links for you to check. I also asked a question if there is any slot that needs to be worked to remove the cover to replace the batteries. You've done great here and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. 

If this helps, please mark my  post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Please remember if you as a customer do it, it will motivate us to assist a lot of other customers and churn out more solutions for their benefit. You've marked your own post as an accepted solution. I request you to mark my post as an accepted solution for the time and efforts.
Thanks and have a beautiful year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.