Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14A-NA0053ND

We have ... 2 weird problems 

My son is working on a HP 14A-NA0053ND and watch most of the time Youtube....

Modem setting are like this:

If everything is set to enable:

Radio 2.4GHz and 5GHz on

SSID 2.4GHz and 5GHz on

2.4GHz

Channel: 6-2437 MHz

5GHZ

Car
Current channel 56

Then my wife's new phone will work (samsung A51)

But the Chromebook runs off my son washes.

If we turn off SSID  5GHz ... Then the phone continues to search for Wifi

But then the Chromebook will work.

have the latest box 12 as modem.

KPN thinks its a Chromebook problem...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@MikedeG   , Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you are able to connect wirelessly to WIFI jetpack but are unable to join your home network as you are receiving an out of range error.

The first thing I would do is power cycle the router and notebook.

If that does not work try deleting and recreating the network settings.

Here are links to Setting Up an Internet Connection on Your HP Chromebook or Chromebox and   Welcome to the Chromebook Help Center to assist you.

Here is a link to a google search, where other people have had the same issue.  The security on the router was preventing the notebook from joining the network. Chrome Wifi network out of range ( from google search)

If you are still unable to connect you may wish to contact your Internet provider or the router manufacturer for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

HP Recommended

I will try above things this week and come to it....

HP Recommended

HI@MikedeG,

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

Reset your Chromebook to factory settings

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Last part did not work..... 😞

Really dont know what the problem is anymore

HP Recommended

MikedeG,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.