Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-05-2021 06:53 PM
Product: Hp Spectre X360 15inch
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I updated my BIOS a few days ago and once my laptop started up again my Wifi and bluetooth weren't working and I got a code 10 "device not started" on my Wifi card. I've tried everything from updating drivers, uninstalling and installing manually, attempting to rollback the BIOS, turning off the power saving mode for the device, hard resetting, and I still receive the code 10.
2 REPLIES 2
10-30-2021 03:00 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We reviewed your post and I understand that the Notebook is not Powering ON,
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps
Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
F6 + Power Button
- CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec
If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
- Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger and check if that helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Have a great day
11-10-2021 11:38 AM
We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.
I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community