Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TouchSmart 11 -e010nr Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Please help, my computer is STUCK on Airplaine MODE 

it absolutely WON'T turn OFF..... please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KimPossible1989

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ay011nr and it is stuck in airplane mode. I have read your post comprehensively and appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

Did any software changes or updates happen on your laptop recently?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to fix this issue:

Here's a related post that seems to have helped others find a solution: Click here

And a few methods of solving the issue:

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key on the keyboard
  2. Click on Settings window
  3. Go to Network icon 
  4. Choose Network & Internet category.
  5. The second setting on the left column is Airplane mode.
  6. Turn it Off

Method 2: Update the drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

1. At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
  2. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
  3. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the printer drivers.

1. Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
  2. Go to device manager.
  3. Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
  4. Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:  compatibility mode.Check-in

Download the  Wireless/Wi-Fi drivers from your HP website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the HP website: www.hp.com/drivers

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop-down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.