Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 6450b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tested almost everything that can be found on the internet. Right now my laptop can connect to hotspot from my phone but not to my internet connection. The wireless adapter I use should be able to connect to my 2.4ghz internet. I have updated the bios, the drivers are up to date and I've done everything that is recommended.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had this problem for days and just wanted to post the solution for me. 

What I did was revert the changes to my wireless adapter driver. I had used Driver Booster to update all of my drivers (very old laptop). The wireless adapter was just a month or two behind the most recent version. By simply reverting the changes with Windows system restore and then downloading all of the drivers EXCEPT the wireless adapter one I got it to work. 

My current version is: 6.30.223.256 (6/2/2013) and the available version that did NOT work for me was 6.30.223.170 (9/6/2013). The wireless adapter that I have is Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter (in device manager the name of the wireless adapter also changed to something else when I did the update).

I hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had this problem for days and just wanted to post the solution for me. 

What I did was revert the changes to my wireless adapter driver. I had used Driver Booster to update all of my drivers (very old laptop). The wireless adapter was just a month or two behind the most recent version. By simply reverting the changes with Windows system restore and then downloading all of the drivers EXCEPT the wireless adapter one I got it to work. 

My current version is: 6.30.223.256 (6/2/2013) and the available version that did NOT work for me was 6.30.223.170 (9/6/2013). The wireless adapter that I have is Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter (in device manager the name of the wireless adapter also changed to something else when I did the update).

I hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

Hello @iohn 

I want to know the product number (p/n) of your laptop, to dive a little deeper into this problem.

please open powershell console and send me output of the following command:

Get-WmiObject win32_computersystem | Select-Object SystemSKUNumber

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.