Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G6 Desktop Mini PC (8WY20AV)

I've got one monitor connected through Display port and is working fine. I've got a wireless USB adapter to connect to wifi. When I try to add a second monitor through a  DisplayPort- HDMI cable, the monitor works but the internet connection breaks and the wifi network still appears as an option but the connection cannot be created. 

Is this something that can be fixed in settings?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@agga_g 

What is your wireless USB adapter ? Sounds like your machine now uses USB adapter to connect to the monitor and drops your normal wifi network.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's a tp-link one, 300mbps wireless n usb adapter. How can the machine use the USB adapter to connect to the monitor if I plug it in with the DisplayPort? 

The cable Im trying to connect my computer with is a Display Port-HDMI one. Can I set this in settings then so the wifi remains active? 

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, 

It's a tp-link USB adapter, 300mbp. 

Is there a way to solve this issue? The adapter is plugged in through usb, the monitor im trying to connect through Display Port, why would the machine think  the monitor is USB? Is there something I can change in settings?

HP Recommended

@agga_g 

You do not use normal wifi, can you move the USB adapter around, to other USB port ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.