Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with wifi connections on several laptops.

After connection to the VPN (OpenVPN Software) is disconnected Wifi.

Notebook HP ProBook 450 G4

HP drivers up to date - no found update

Wifi adapter Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 version 19.20.6.1 Rev.P

Thank you

Tomas

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, i would advice you download vyprVPN and see if it works

HP Recommended

Hello,

we face the exact same issue with Windows 10 x64 1709.

OpenVPN is 2.6.4 (latest version) and what happens is that the LAN/WAN Switching service that runs within Windows OS, kills the Wifi connection once the TAP interface is up (this interface shows up as an Ethernet adapter).

If I stop the LANWANSwitchingService.exe (That comes as part of HP Hotkey Utility) then the issue does not happen but of course this is not a solution, as we need the LAN\WAN functionality to continue functioning.

Is there any way to configure that service in a way where VPN adapters are not taken into consideration?

Thanks,

Alex

HP Recommended

Ok, this has been annoying me for about 2 months now. I cannot believe that this service does not consider VPN services and that there are no configuration options for it to exclude a specific "LAN" adapter. Also I cannot believe that it does not monitor the setting in the bios so when LAN/WAN switching is disabled DO NOT PREFORM LAN WAN SWITCHING! **bleep** this is so frustrating.

I've disabled the LAN/WAN switching service in the control panel. Which has no description by the way. Very sloppy if you ask me.

This just follows the trend in the last few years of software companies moving to a rapid update and deploy schedule with no testing. Let the users be the alpha and beta testers and let's lay off our whole QA team. Yeah, that's a fantastic idea.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I'm not sure it can be working, but I fonud a same situation. With the latest OpenVPN I found that everything is fine over LAN connection, but over WLAN the WiFi disconnecting after VPN connection estabilished.

I found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2919900/windows-connection-manager-disconnects-wlan-if-a-vp...

Maybe it could help.

Regards,

William

HP Recommended

Thanks for a hint!
I Already break my mind, finding out what is going on.
I also disabled lan/wan switching in BIOS and it's doesn't worked.
I delete a `LanWlanSwitchingService` from processes and all is works great.

HP Recommended

In Services u need disable service HP LAN/WLAN/WWAN switching and maybe also LAN-WLAN-WWAN switching service. Also need disable same in BIOS. Issue sloved and problem dissapeared after this.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.