Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, I just got a wifi system that has supports 6ghz. When I initially set up my hp pavilion gaming laptop with the new wifi, I got a notification from hp. I believe  it said that my laptop had the ability to connect to 6 but that I might need to update my driver. I closed the notification thinking I would be able to identify what needs to be updated but I can't find the old notification anywhere. Do you have any ideas on what I might need to update? Or if there's a way to even verify that my laptop is capable of connecting to 6? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook comes with the best Wi-Fi card HP offered in the model series--the Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 card.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2021nr Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

As long as you have a Wi-Fi 6 router, your card can connect at Wi-Fi 6 speeds.

If you want to update the driver, you can get it directly from Intel at the link below.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.