Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-F233WM or any Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last night I downloaded from Realtek the driver in zipfile for the RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless adapter. I also downloaded Drivereasy, Realtek has driver dated 5-3-2017, Drivereasy offers driver dated 11-4-2017, I read in notes,, every driver listed is also listed for every other Realtek wireless adapter. 

I ran the sp73310 Driver/software from HP in Compatibility and installed it, really made no difference from installing like it is.

HP Network Check shows I have a 48% signal strength  where I am located from router,, if I update to the driver, signal strength drops to 5% and have to move closer to router. 

Internet is sluggish, always slow loading, stays in Waiting for response from even when page loaded??.. 

I have a 15-F233WM Win10 x64. 

I have notice that mostly everything installed, gets installed under x32 (x86). drive c shows to have two program folders, 1. programs files 2. programs files (x86).. 

Is there a driver specifically for the RTL8188EE wireless adapter or do we have no choice but to use driver designed for all Realtek's wireless adapter? 

I also notice from watching in Task Manager Performance tab, Wi-Fi when listening to iHeart Radio APP, Wi-Fi is streaming on the recieve at 64 Kbps,, then when cell phone connects to the internet, streaming drops to 0 (zero) Kbps, stays there till I move closer to router or wait till cell phones gets disconnected.. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @MikeHud

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the internet is always slow and you have also tried updating the drivers.

I'd like to help.

May I know since when are you facing this issue? Do you have the same problem while connecting to other Networks?

I suggest you try updating the Wireless Driver Directly from Device Manager

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Network Adapters and expand the list
- Right-click the Wireless Driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Also update the BIOS from Here

If the issue persists, I suggest you do a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started.

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

BIOS is updated F37, 

Updating driver through Device Manager, as I said I lose signal strength.. I have a 48% signal strength now, updating driver drops the signal down to a 5% signal strength. 

I can not do a system restore when the Fall Creator Update V1709 crashed my system, it wiped out Drive:D to restore system back. 

I had to do a clean install with the Fall Creator V1709.. The driver install is sp73310, updating driver should be on HP part since it is thier driver I am using.. 

When I did clean install, I installed HP Support Assistant, it downloaded and all the driver except the driver for the Realtek RTL8188EE wireless adapter, I had to do that manually.

HP Recommended

Hi @MikeHud

Was the Wireless working before you did the clean install? Did you do the clean install through the Recovery Media?

Do you have other Notebooks that connect to your Network? Do they experience the same problem?

If the issue is only with this HP Notebook,  I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your Notebook and sort this out.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am not paying $200 to tallk to some idiot in India that can not speak English. 

I bought this HP-15 F233WM brand new last year Feb 9th, 2017, HP said it has no warranty it ended Jan 5th 2017, I disputed it, havent heard back. 

Idiot in India said I activated it in Oct 2015, in the BIOS it shows a born on date, the same date I bought it, Feb 9th 2017. 

HP Recommended

@MikeHud

Thank you for replying to the post on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Haven't heard from them.

Now have issue wireless adapter disconnecting, reconnecting on Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) that has no access to internet, If I disable it on channging adapter properties, it connects on Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and has no adresses for default gateway nor for DNS IPv4.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.