Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 745 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team,

I have a EliteBook 745 G3 & i am unable to use the SIM slot.

I have installed the following drivers but of no use.

1.HP hs3110hs3114 Mobile Broadband Drivers (American, International) - sp74017

2.HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE Drivers - sp75583

Regards,

Raghuraman.R

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

This option is pre-configured depeinding on your machine has WWAN or not. Anyway, given your machine has WWAN card, please read:

WWAN use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, and in all regions

Now, please contact your provider to see it supports this or not.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Banhien.

Here in India i have 2 SIM cards which are 4G. Both are not detected.

Are SIM cards & WWAN same?

My next Question, I opened up my laptop to see if there is a card. I find two cables left open and one is labeled as "6".

The reason for asking is maybe there is a SIM adapter but the WWAN adapter is not given.

Thanks again for the response.

Regards,

Raghuraman.R

HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly WWAN and SIM card are not the same, WWAN works like a phone without SIM card therefore you need both. In many countries WWAN card is an option.  The WWAN card/module in your machine should look similar to:

wwan_b.png

Sounds like your machine does not have this option.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, banhien. I will check with the Vendor and update this thread.

Regards,

Raghuraman.R

HP Recommended

Checked with vendor, the card is not installed by default.IMAG2214 1.jpg

Regards,

Raghuraman.R

HP Recommended

Can this adapter be purchased separtely. what would be the cost.

Thanks once again banheim for the prompt response.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes you can buy and add to the machine yourself. Laptop supports the following parts:

HP lt4120 LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ SnapdragonT X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module 800870-001
HP hs31110 HSPA + Intel Mobile Broadband Module 822828-001

I don't sell anyting therefore I don't know but you can try:

https://www.amazon.com/Sparepart-lt4120-mobile-broadband-800870-001/dp/B01EL8TH5K

https://www.amazon.com/Sparepart-hs3110-Mobile-Broadband-822828-001/dp/B0188TRSUO

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch for all the help / answeres provided, banhein.

I believe this thread can be closed.

Thanks again.

Raghuraman.R

HP Recommended

Where is the response for this question.  Doesn't HP support staff know anything about this or is there an issue with the sim reader?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.