Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15G3, Thunderboltdock
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have ethernet issues with my Thunderbolt 3 dock 150W and my Zbook 15G3, running on windows 7 / 64 bit.

I had many issues before with the system after a BIOS update (slow performance, usb poorts that would't work, windows that would not download updates, ect.). I read many postst with similar problems. The hardware was exchanged by HP but the problems remained and I was left alone to install the BIOS and updates. Thank you HP!
After a long period of fiddeling I got everything back to work.

Exept for the ethernet connection on the thunderbolt dock. Somehow the drivers are not inatlled / available. The ethernet connection / WLAN on the laptop work fine, but not on the dock.

I don't know where to find the right drivers / how to install them. Who can help?

ethernet-problem.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation using the Zbook Thunderbolt 3 dock:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-dock.html

I am sending this on the Zbook connected to the dock using its gigabit ethernet port. HP Support Assistant provided all the drivers needed for the dock. Here is the screenshot of my device manager:

What does your device manager look like under network devices? The Intel ethernet is the built in and the Broadcom NetXtreme is the ethernet in the dock. HP has drivers for both on the support page for Windows 10 64 bit under the Zbook G3 Home page. 

I did have a bit of a struggle initially getting the dock to work but I went into the BIOS and disabled all Thunderbolt security settings. If you need any more help post back.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation using the Zbook Thunderbolt 3 dock:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-dock.html

I am sending this on the Zbook connected to the dock using its gigabit ethernet port. HP Support Assistant provided all the drivers needed for the dock. Here is the screenshot of my device manager:

What does your device manager look like under network devices? The Intel ethernet is the built in and the Broadcom NetXtreme is the ethernet in the dock. HP has drivers for both on the support page for Windows 10 64 bit under the Zbook G3 Home page. 

I did have a bit of a struggle initially getting the dock to work but I went into the BIOS and disabled all Thunderbolt security settings. If you need any more help post back.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

My device manager shows something different. The ethernet connection on the laptop works indeed, but the Broadcom driver is missing. Let's see if your tip helps.

ethernet-problem.jpg

HP Recommended

I downloaded the driver, but it won't install:

ethernet-problem-2.jpg

HP Recommended

Obviously i tried to install the wrong driver in the first place. But this one did the job:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8693774&swItemId=ob_167287_1&swEnvOid=405...

Thanks for the advice!

HP Recommended

Sorry the one I sent was for Windows 10. You figured it out. Good job and I am glad we helped you get it working. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.