Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15U G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop keeps turning on flight mode unexpectedly and it's starting to get a little frustrating as I am continuously disconnected during online meetings/calls.

I bought the device at the beginning of the year and this has been happening on and off since. However I have noticed it more since I've been studying and working from home consistently during Covid-19. This is the only device I have to support my digital work and it is becoming an inconvenience.

I've seen that the this is a common issue that has been raised via the HP Community Support, but there doesn't seem to be a solution that fully eradicates the problem. 

Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cat-mouse That's awesome, please keep the device under observation for a few days and let us know how it goes,

Good luck and If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cat-mouse Here's a few steps that should help resolve this issue once and for all:

Reset IP/ TCP

1. Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “X”.
  2. From the menu that shows up, you will need to left click or tap on the “Command Prompt (admin)” icon.
  3. Now that you have the command prompt with administrative rights in front of the screen you will need to write the following command: “netsh winsock reset catalog” without the quotes.
  4. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
  5. Write the following command: “netsh int ip reset reset.log hit” without the quotes.
  6. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
  7. Now you will need to restart your Windows 10 operating system.
  8. Check and see if you still cannot connect to your wireless network.

Set WLAN Autoconfig to Automatic

1. Left click or tap on the “Start” button.
  2. In the Start window you need to write the following: “services.msc” without the quotes.
  3. When the search is finished, left click or tap on the “services.msc” icon that pops up.
  4. Now you have a “Services” window in front of the screen.
  5. Look on the right side panel in this window for “WLAN Autoconfig”
  6. Right click or hold tap on the “WLAN Autoconfig” feature.
  7. Left click or tap on the “Properties” feature for the “WLAN Autoconfig” option.
  8. Left click or tap on the “General” tab situated in the upper side of the “Properties” window.
  9. On the right from the “Startup type”, you will need to left click on the drop-down menu and select “Automatic” feature.
  10. Left click or tap on the “Start” button in this window.
  11. Left click or tap on the “Apply” button.
  12. Left click or tap on the “OK” button.
  13. Close all the windows you opened so far and reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
  14. Check to see if you have your wireless up and running again.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher, thanks for replying.

I've given the first resolution a go and so far so good. Hopefully flight mode doesn't turn on unexpectedly again. Will keep you in the loop. 

Thank again!

HP Recommended

@cat-mouse That's awesome, please keep the device under observation for a few days and let us know how it goes,

Good luck and If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.