Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

my laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013dx Windows 11 ver, I upgrade to windows 11 around december/january. i havent changed anything internally besides replacing fans and adding an WD SSD since the slot was empty. it seems my issue began around Q1 of 2022. i was playing a league of legends match where my character froze and I couldn't move or control anything. 5 seconds later it says i reconnected. i checked my wifi and i never disconnected, at least the wifi symbol stayed blinked on and it never really showed the "no wifi" symbol. the issue began showing on every single game i played. sometimes i even stuttered for a few seconds when playing genshin impact or csgo where the screen would freeze my character and I could see visible horizontal lines moving up and down my screen for some reason. 

this issue ONLY happens when playing video games. literally zero issues when on google chrome or youtube or any other place. all the other devices in my home are connected fine. my phone is fine on wifi. so i can only assume something's wrong with my laptop. i tried a few troubleshooting things like deleting my wifi driver and redownloading and updating and clean installing windows 11 itself. i deleted everything on my hard drives. still having that stutter/disconnect issue on games. as usual, youtube and such work fine. i tried switching to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz but steam wouldnt even let me try a game, and when downloading files the files were downloading at a pace of kilobytes per second, so i switched back to 5ghz and the file downloaded in like 3 seconds instead of the targeted hour on 2.4ghz.

Wifi Driver - Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. ive seen people on these forums also have similar issues, but mine seems to be unique. it only affects my gaming, and I could play an hour long youtube video and never once stutter on this laptop. yet if i play minecraft, ill literally be mining blocks sometimes and they'll reappear 10 seconds later because of my connection. it's confusing. should i just replace the thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @moonyagami 

---

Access Point

(1) What wireless access point ( brand / model ) do you use ?

(2) wirless settings 2.4 and 5 Ghz ?

(3) Manuel or Auto Channel ?

(4) Channel Width
2.4 Ghz:   20 Mhz / 40 Mhz ?
5 Ghz:       20 / 40 / 80 / 160 Mhz ?

---

(5) Open windows <device manager>

- Double click <realtek wireless> device

--->>> Play with advanced settings:

ub6424_0-1661586665260.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @moonyagami 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

I want the check your current system configuration.

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> copy/paste to following key/values pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )

BIOS Version/Date

(2) Start windows <device manager>

- Open <Disk drives>

- Open <Display adapters>

- Open <Monitors>

- Open <Network adapters>

- Open <Sound, video and game controllers>

--->>> Send screenshot

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx

System SKU 7QS79UA#ABA

BIOS Version/Date AMI F.14, 3/29/2022

pc specs 1.pngpc specs 2.png

thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

Hello @moonyagami 

I strongly advise you to go back to Windows 10 as your notebook model

[ HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013dx ] is not fully tested and certified by HP for Windows 11.

(1) Backup <all> personal data (documents/pictures/videos etc...) to external USB hard drive

(2) Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10

https://www.techadvisor.com/article/744263/how-to-downgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-10.html

(3) if downgrade fails ...

--->>> Please reinstall your operating system !

You need another (stable) computer to prepare bootable <USB flash drive>

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 10

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

( All software and drivers are included )

(4) Please report your results

HP Recommended

i clean installed windows 10 using a usb. deleted everything on the drives, everything fresh. i downloaded all the win10 updates to be up to date as well as every driver in win10. i downloaded steam and tried some games out as well as LoL. all games still had that same freeze effect where my character couldn't move for around 5 seconds and my character ended up walking by itself around the map. does this basically confirm something's up with my wifi reciever? my phone's always on wifi as well as my smart tv and other devices, so im kind of ruling out the possibility of the actual router being the issue. or maybe an issue with the nvidia or something? some hardware thing? google didn't exactly run seamlessly after the clean install either, it had some issues where i had to refresh and such. where do i go from here?

thanks for all the help btw. 

HP Recommended

Hello @moonyagami 

Please send system configuration, again -> previous post 

We are not finished with our work yet !

HP Recommended

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx

System SKU 7QS79UA#ABA

BIOS Version/Date AMI F.14, 3/29/2022

moonyagami_0-1661375066870.pngmoonyagami_1-1661375090460.png

HP Recommended

Hello @moonyagami 

(1) Install/Update

NVIDIA Graphics Driver

26.21.14.4276 Rev.C718.5 MBMay 22, 2020Download

OMEN Gaming Hub SDK Package

1.0.57 Rev.A48.3 MBMay 4, 2022Download

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.8899.1 Rev.C49.5 MBMay 22, 2020Download

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1.0.0.203 May 21, 2022Download

(2) Reboot and test again ... 

(3) Please report your results

HP Recommended

i downloaded the bottom 3 and it went well, but for the NVIDIA Graphics Driver, when it's done downloading, it opens up cmd prompt saying "the system cannot find the path specified driver". i didn't redirect it anywhere and i just let it automatically go to my c drive. i verified the integrity in cmd and it said there were no problems, but it still doesnt download.

HP Recommended

Hello @moonyagami 

Skip the NVIDIA driver, we'll check it later...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.