Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP 250 G3 Notebook PC

Product Number: K3W99EA#ABU

Hi, I have a problem with connecting to Wi-Fi wirelessly. I found out that the the LAN cable works well with my device and also that all other devices connect to the network successfully. 

During troubleshooting, I receive a message saying I have not selected a network out of the available networks which I don't find a solution too.

I have also tried solutions like uninstalling and reinstalling Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter on many occasions and I get the same error of not being able to connect to the network.

I would be glad if I can get a help here.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has the Ralink RT3290 Wi-Fi adapter, those adapters are not compatible with the newer builds of W10.

Your options would be to replace the internal Ralink card with a different model that works on W10 or purchase a USB Wi-Fi adapter that has support for W10.

If you want to replace the internal Ralink Wi-Fi adapter, please let me know how many antenna wires are connected to it so that I can recommend a suitable replacement.

Below is the link to the service manual:

c04655216.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks your suggestions, I would like to replace the internal Ralink Wi-Fi adapter with a compatible one. If you're talking about router, it has two antennas. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since your notebook has two antenna wires connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi card, you should be able to use this dual band N model with Bluetooth:

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter HP part # 730668-001.

Or you can use these Wi-Fi adapters listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual, but neither of them are dual band.

Atheros AR9565 802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0 Wi-Fi Adapter                                    HP part # 733476-001
Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter       HP part # 753076-001

You should be able to find any of these cards on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

HP Recommended

I thought you were talking about my router antennas. Are the adapters to replace with hardware or software?

HP Recommended

The adapters are to replace the internal Wi-Fi card.

That is why I gave you the service manual so you can open up the notebook and check how many antenna wires are connected to the Wi-Fi card.

Please do that, because if there is only one antenna wire, I have to recommend a different model Wi-Fi card.

Your router has nothing to do with why your notebook's Wi-Fi adapter isn't working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.