8 4 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP ENVY need valid Network Driver

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-ah0051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am helping a friend out that has had several PC crashes on a new laptop she bought.  To try and fix the error I have saved her personal data and wiped the computer and reinstalled Windows 10. Typically after reinstalling windows 10 most drivers are found automatically, however, on this computer there are several drivers that were not found automatically.  No worries as I typically will just install the wifi adapter driver from HP support manually and do the rest when I get the computer online. Unfortunately the drivers that show for this laptop on HP Support do not work.  There are two Realtek WLAN drivers shown and neither seem to do much of anything.  When I look up the Hardware ID it appears it is an Intel driver needed not a Realtek.  See the Hardware IDs below:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086&REV_29

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&CC_0280

Please help me find the right driver.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kcurry1980
Author
Level 1
8 4 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to the Intel website found the driver there and installed. Computer working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
kcurry1980
Author
Level 1
8 4 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to the Intel website found the driver there and installed. Computer working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation